woensdag 22 januari 2014

Ripperton - Niwa (2010)

Album of the Week #012





This album is a true masterpiece for me. I don't know why, but everytime when I listen to this album, it gives me the chills. Especially tracks like 'A Smple Thing', 'At Peace', 'Farra', 'Des Promesses de Couleurs', 'Leonor's Lanugo' and 'Random Violence'.
Ripperton started his career as one-half of Lazy Fat People in 2006. Their track 'Big City' became a classic at that time. In 2007 
Raphaël decided to go solo under his own name. It was actually years later that I discovered he was one-half of Border Community's duo Lazy Fat People. 
Untill 2010, I never heard of Raphaël Ripperton. The first time I came in touch with Ripperton, was when I heard the track 'Leonor's Lanugo' as the opening track of Eelke Kleijn's radio show Outside The Box in March 2010. I was immediately knocked out by the beauty of this intro track. Not long after that I was listening to the whole album. Actually, it took some time to get hooked to the whole album (but hey, that's a good thing). But a year later I understood the complete experience of "Niwa" and it became my album of the year 2010. 
Right now, 4 years later, I came to the conclusion that this album deserves the full package!

Release Date: 01 february 2010
Rating: 5/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten